Saturday, April 25, 2009

Meet Annie

Here is the newest member of our family...

Annie is 8 weeks old.
She is a Black Lab mix (possibly some Chow)

I picked her up yesterday before I got Chandler from school.
Riley loved her right away!

She likes to nip quite a bit, but we're working on that.

We decided to go to a park at the University last night for a picnic dinner.
Annie went along for the ride...

She travels in the car VERY well.

When the girls crashed between 9:30 and 10 last night... so did Annie.
She claimed a spot on the bathroom floor and passed out!

Riley's favorite new thing is to come into the room and say, "where annie?"
or "there annie! she sweeping" (sleeping... no, i haven't trained her to sweep the kitchen... YET!)
or "NO NO Annie! NO NO!"
or "Mama! Annie!"

Basically anything to do with Annie...

Chandler is doing well with Annie.
She has taken her out to go potty a few times.
When she took her out this morning, Annie pooped. Here's our conversation...
C: "Mom. I need a napkin."
J: "Why Chan?"
C: "Annie pooped in the grass."
J: "That's ok. We are trying to teach her to go potty outside."
C: "But someone might step in it. I need to pick it up."
J: "Ummm... ok Chan. If you really want to."
C: "I do."

Uh... what? She WANTED to pick up dog poop!

She isn't my kid!! :)

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY ANNIE!

8 comments:

Mummy McTavish said...

I want to give her a big cuddle! Let me know if she learns to sweep, we might get a dog sooner rather than later:)

Lucas*Jennifer*Noah*Eleanor said...

I love the name Annie! She's such a cutie!! Having a dog in the family is so fun... a LOT of work, but fun!

Grannysaurus said...

I'd encourage the poop-picker-up. It's a yucky job, but someone has to do it. There'll be plenty to keep her busy when Annie is full grown :)

Mum-me said...

How cute! I'd love to get a black labrador for our children, but I'm just not ready for it yet.

Jackie said...

Aw, what a cutie! Almost makes me want to get one of my own! :) I love her name.

Unknown said...

What a sweet puppy! When she grows up we will have to have her over for a puppy play date!

PS. I hope she behaves nothing like Ann did as a puppy. I won't lie, it was a very long year : )

Renata said...

Way too cute! I love chocolate labs- they are just so cute!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

How cute! You are one brave lady to go with a puppy ;) Can't wait to hear how it goes!